frequently asked questions
What are my payment options?
We accept all major credit cards.
Do you sell gift cards?
We are happy to offer gift certificates in-store or via phone order only.
How do I care for my Nellie Bly 2 jewelry?
- Clean your jewelry with lukewarm, soapy water, using a very gentle brush. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place where it is unable to be scratched by another piece of jewelry.
- Apply cosmetics, lotions, and hairspray before putting on your jewelry. Exposure to certain chemicals can compromise the integrity of your jewelry.
- Remove your jewelry before any intense physical activity or before prolonged immersion in liquids (washing dishes, bathing, showering, swimming)
- Be careful when removing your jewelry to wash your hands; small items can easily be left behind or slip down the drain.
- See a jeweler at least once a year (or anytime you suspect a loose stone) to have your jewelry checked for loose prongs, worn mountings, and general wear and tear. Like a car, jewelry needs maintenance from time to time.
- Expose your jewelry to harsh chemicals, dips, lotions, perfumes, or oils.
- Expose your jewelry to extreme temperature changes.
- Bang or scratch your jewelry against any hard or abrasive surface.
- Use ultrasonic cleaners - they can actually harm certain stones and settings!
- Wear in the ocean, pool, or hot tub.
Do you offer custom work and/or work with a customer's stones?
Yes. We adore custom work and are happy to work with our artists to create the perfect piece for you. Please call or email to discuss custom possibilities.
I’m interested in one of your pieces, but I don’t see the metal/size/length I need...
Many pieces may be available in alternate metals, sizes, or colorways. However, many pieces are also one of a kind. Please call or email with your inquiry.
I represent a jewelry line I would like you to carry. Who can I contact?
Please email email@example.com with linesheets and wholesale pricing, attn: Liz. No calls please.
My piece of jewelry broke! What do I do?
Jewelry is, by nature, delicate. If a piece you have purchased from us breaks, we are happy to repair it for you, when possible. We stand by our work, as do our artists who create it. Please send us an email or give us a call for further instructions.
I don’t see my size listed on the ring I want. Can it be sized?
Many of our rings can be sized, however there are also many that cannot. When in doubt, please contact us for sizing information. Depending on their skill level, equipment, and experience, certain jewelers may be hesitant to size our jewelry. Please keep in mind that sizing can be costly and risky. We are happy to help you find the right ring in your size. Often it is better to order a new ring in the correct size than to attempt to size it.
Why is the store named 'Nellie Bly'?
Nellie Bly was an investigative reporter working in the late 1800's on the East Coast. She was a very interesting woman who was certainly ahead of her time.
When naming the store, we discovered that there was a mining claim in Jerome, AZ that was named after her. The rest is history. You can read more about Nellie Bly on Wikipedia.